Query for multi-valued item (StudyModal)

• Hi all,

I have a Conquest-database running on a client's server which is accessed on a Windows-workstation using RadiantViewer or on a Mac-workstation using Osirix. When it sends a query, we get the next result in our logs:

What causes this specific error? Is it a ConQuest-setting?

• Hi,

This warning occurs because matching on a multi-valued entry is not implemented for a DBASEIII database. Whether this is an issue in practice depends on the contents of the database and the actual query.

regards,

Marcel

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your quick reply. So, this is a problem related to using the DbaseIII-based config? As it is not quite clear to me, is it correct that DBaseIII-based servers are not advised for production environments? If so, what would you advise on using in a Windows 7 environment with 17000+ patients, 23000+ studies (DX/MR/CR/...) and over 1.5million images?

It seems that just performing a query in the Conquest GUI to show a listing of all patients takes a few seconds, so maybe I can migrate this system to a new database-implementation to improve speed and stability.

I'd be glad to hear your advice. :)

Kind regards,

Jan

• Hi Marcel,

What database would you propose on a 17000+ patients (over a million images) Windows-based configuration?
    It seems to me like the DbaseIII-solution isn't the way to go for larger databases...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

Jan

• Hi,

dbaseIII is very stable, we used it up to 6M images so no urgent need to replace it. But I guess MySQL or postgres are the way to go for such a big setup. Regeneration could take a week or so though. Note sure the speed would be much better. Have a look at the test report in the manual for the speed of the different options.

Marcel

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.