The server is not running properly: association rejected

• Hi.
    I am running DICOM ConQuest 1.4.19b on Windows 7.
    Database is MySQL. I store patients data without compression.
    Everything was fine until I decided to delete patient data from GUI of DICOM ConQuest.
    After I press del patient data in GUI in Browse database tab, I start getting error message in Server status tab: Cannot Connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061). Cannot connect to MySQL on port 3306 in server status tab.
    In Browse Database tab I'm getting error message: Cannot open file "C:\Users\FF\AppData\Local\Temp\conquest_browser\DicomPatients.DBF". Cannot find specified file.
    Then after I close DICOM ConQuest and reopen it I get error mesage: The server is not running properly: association rejected. Probable cause: database is not accessible.
    After computer restart and starting of DICOM ConQuest GUI Server I am not getting error messages on startup. I can open Browse database tab and see list of patients in database.
    After I try to access to DICOM ConQuest from workstation I get warning message on workstation: Cannot Comply. And in Server Status tab of Dicom ConQuest I see error messages: Cannot Connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).
    How can I fix this problem?
    Is the reinitializtation of database is the only way of fixing this.
    Thanks in advance,
    Anton.

• Hi Anton,

these messages are all consistent with some form of database corruption. Can you look with e.g. phpmyadmin to see what is in there?

Edit: A quick test of delete series from the gui in 1.4.19b wih MySQL shows no issues. What exactly did you do?

Marcel

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

• Hi,
    I pressed Browse Database button. Then I found patient with patient ID 3970. Then I made right click of mouse button on this patient and pressed DELETE -> PATIENT. And then I saw all these error messages.
    I tired to make mysqldump of conquest database, but was getting error message: mysqldump: Could't execute 'SELECT /* 400001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM 'dicomimages': Lost connection to MySQL server during query (2013)'.
    I remarked that MySQL service was turnning off during executing of mysqldump command.
    Then I decided to make reinitialisation of database, and during these process I get error message Can't drop table dicomimages.
    Then I manuali delete conquest folder from C://Program Data/MySQL/Data. And then only I could successfully run process of reinitialisation of database.
    Anton.

• I got the same thing after a fresh install on a brand new workstation.

It appears to be looking for a path that doesn't exist: C:\Users\PACS\AppData\Local\Temp\conquest_browser\DicomPatients.DBF the only issue is that user does not exist on my workstation. Perhaps on the devs computer. I thnk that's the issue.

• Hi,

That path (C:\Users\PACS\AppData\Local\Temp\) is generated from the windows GetTempPath function. On my machine it would use iser 'marcel'. No idea why it would use a non-existing user.

Marcel

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.