Lua and special characters

  • Hi all,


    Trying to replace special characters such as ü by u I tried the following script:


    The output I get is:



    FYI, I created a "Test" partion in this script to test the script locally.


    What's going wrong here.


    Using:

    W7 Pro 32B

    Conquest 1419b


    Note: in the Conquest GUI PatientName is displayed correctly in the headers, so with the right accents. Even so in the MySql db.


    My purpose is to create an import converter to replace special characters for PatientName and/or PatientID.


    Chris.

  • ome_chris

    Changed the title of the thread from “Lue and special characters” to “Lua and special characters”.
  • Hi Chris,


    I guess the special characters are coded differently in lua (single character) and in MySql (multiple characters) hence the different behaviour. Try print the unmodified patient name in lua.


    Marcel

    Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

  • Hi Marcel,


    In MySql the unmodified patient name the special characters are shown as single character. MySql is using UTF8 in all tables.

    The example I gave was only to show the Lua (in combination with Conquest) behaviour with special characters.

    Using pure Lua (Test section) conversion is working fine.

    Maybe you can reproduce this behaviour.


    Chris