Issue - incompatible Patient ID

  • Hi,
    I started with uploading some DICOMs from my repository with dcmsend (dcmtk) but I've noticed most of the files are not readable in Conquest. It is probably caused by specific Patient ID which was generated by Siemens scanner e.g. 0010,0020 (PatientID): 13.10.21-19:58:16-DST-1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.
    It looks like Conquest store data correctly in the database but not in the filesystem - it cuts directory name. In a result I can't preview, print header or download dicoms from Conquest. Please have a look at the attachments.
    I installed the newest version 1.4.19c1 on Ubuntu 18.04 with Postgres db.


    BTW it looks like there is also a problem with Receiving data in Horos. The error message shows that PDU size is incorrect.


    I look forward to hearing from You.

    Bartosz Kossowski

    lobi.nencki.gov.pl

  • Hi,


    Thanks for that report. I am looking at fixing the PDU size. It was reported before. The change is in src/dicomlib/pdata.cxx around line 200 where I changed the BlockSize to be 16384. If you change it back to 4096 it should work - I have asked another user to testing new code that make it dynamic. I can give you the changes if you want.


    That the directory name is cut is normal; however that should not stop you from being able to see it anywhere, as the cut name is stored in the database and used when accessing the files. Can you have a look in the DICOMImages database what is in the row 'ObjectFile'? It should match teh folder name. The issue is likely in the ':' as that is used in the web system to pass patientid:studyuid in the web links.


    regards,


    Marcel

    Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

  • Hi,


    For the fix to the patientID I would suggest to try out 1.5.0-alpha on github (link in top item of the topic), it required changing 17 files, dgate.cpp and most cgi-bin lua files. This version also contains the above PDU fix. I cannot guarantee the web lua files are compatible with 1.4.19c1, in any case you need the changed dgate.cpp.


    regards


    Marcel

    Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

  • Thank You for a quick response! Indeed the files seems to be mapped correctly in the database.

    I attach one of the problematic files.

    I will test on Monday new PDU size.

    B.

    Code
    1. objectfile
    2. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.2018092614162327845358634.0.0.0_0001_000003_15471309520000.dcm
    4. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000001_15471309520009.dcm
    5. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000002_15471309520008.dcm
    6. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000003_15471309520007.dcm
    7. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000004_15471309520006.dcm
    8. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000005_15471309520005.dcm
    9. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000006_15471309520004.dcm
    10. 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.30000018092611202809300000017_0099_000007_15471309520003.dcm
    Code
    1. stat 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.2018092614162327845358634.0.0.0_0001_000003_15471309520000.dcm
    2. File: 18_09_26-14_15_3/1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.32.35454.2018092614162327845358634.0.0.0_0001_000003_15471309520000.dcm
    3. Size: 598326 Blocks: 1176 IO Block: 4096 regular file
    4. Device: 900h/2304d Inode: 191102980 Links: 1
    5. Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)
    6. Access: 2019-01-10 15:41:59.384425896 +0100
    7. Modify: 2019-01-10 15:41:59.372425760 +0100
    8. Change: 2019-01-10 15:41:59.372425760 +0100
    9. Birth: -
  • Marcel,

    I have just changed BlockSize to 4096. There is no issue with DICOMs retrieve/upload between Horos and Conquest. However, I've found that Conquest is case sensitive when I query for Patient Name. Could it be set somewhere? It looks like eg. Orthanc handles both lower- and upper case.

    Also, should I really move to beta version to just overcome the problem with web interface? Is the version so reliable and stable such as current release?

    B.

  • Hi,


    There are incompatible changes in the web viewer code - hence the idea to use github; but I see your point, so maybe I will release a 1.4.19d with bug fixes (PDU, CGET and : in patient ID). Can you test the zip file with the code that I sent in post #3. This will enable adaptive PDU sizes and it is what I want to release in 1.4.19d.


    The beta version is as stable for linux, there are mainly addditions in the server core. The windows GUI has changed more.


    Marcel

  • I am not sure whether I've tested this correctly. I replaced 3 files in 1.4.19c1 and rebuild binaries. After querying from Horos I tried to retrieve images but it failed with the same error as before. Option with fixed PDU to 4096 worked fine.

    Below is an output from dgate:

  • Hi. So the code is there. In the code the default is 16k. I guess that is used in some circumstances. If you can find the place, change the default from 16384 to 4096. That should sort it. Thanks for testing. Then we can drop the print statement.

    Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.