Adding studyinstance UID to dicomimages table

  • I added a study instance UID field to the dicomimages table and added the definition of StudyInstanceUID to the *Image* section of the dicom.sql file as follows:


    *Image*

    {

    ...

    { 0x0020, 0x000d, "StudyInstanceUID", 64, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_UI }

    }


    Easy enough!

    As a result, subsequent transfers to the server resulted in the studyinstanceUID being recorded in the dicomimages table. However, when I performed a DICOM query from another system it responded with an image count that was greater than what actually existed!?

    I reversed the changes to the dicom.sql file and restarted the server and all was well again.

    I am not sure if I configured the system improperly, or if I'm trying to do something that is a waste of time (wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last...) due to system constraints, so I am looking for some direction.

    I made the change in order to more efficiently determine the image count of a study via querying the dicomimages table. I understand that I can perform a DB query with a table join, so obtaining the image count through "normal" methods is achievable. However, I was just trying to lessen the impact of possible frequent queries to verify image counts via a DB query when I caused this error.

    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

  • Hi,


    where did you put it in the table. It may not be in the start and not in the end. Otherwise it should work well. A dbaseIII table contains it as well by default.


    Marcel

    Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

  • Why not set:

    EnableComputedFields = 1

    in the dicom.ini

    This way you can query for image/series/studies count:

    Attribute Name

    Tag

    Attribute Description

    Number of Patient Related Studies

    (0020,1200)

    The number of studies that match the Patient level Query/Retrieve search criteria

    Number of Patient Related Series

    (0020,1202)

    The number of series that match the Patient level Query/Retrieve search criteria

    Number of Patient Related Instances

    (0020,1204)

    The number of Composite Object Instances that match the Patient level Query/Retrieve search criteria

    Number of Study Related Series

    (0020,1206)

    The number of series that match the Study level Query/Retrieve search criteria

    Number of Series Related Instances

    (0020,1209)

    The number of Composite Object Instances in a Series that match the Series level Query/Retrieve search criteria

    Number of Study Related Instances

    (0020,1208)

    The number of Composite Object Instances that match the Study level Query/Retrieve search criteria



    Regards,

    Robert

  • As luck would have it, I added it to the end of the table.

    I moved it up a few places to after the SeriesInst and miraculously it worked as expected! That was way too easy. :-)

    Thank you for your assistance!