Specified length (27265442) of PDU exceeds limit: 1048576

• Hello,

While trying to access data in my ConQuest server using DCMTK library, I'm getting the following error:

"Requested service endpoint not properly configured : ERR00021 - java.io.IOException: Specified length (27265442) of PDU exceeds limit: 1048576"

In the DCMTK library the maximum PDU size mentioned is : 1048576

File being sent from Conquest has size: 26MB (which converts to almost to 27265442)

Please shed some light on it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Rohan

• Hi,

C:\Users\marcel\Desktop\dcmtk-3.6.4-win32-dynamic\bin>getscu 127.0.0.1 5678 -k 0

010,0020=patid -pdu 128000

works fine with a 26MB mammogram. When I try to pass larger PDU sizes than 128k getscu refuses.

Marcel

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

• Hi,

can you also post a high level debug log from the conquest side when the error occurs. The change in D1 is that the requested PDU lenght is used rather than hardcoded 4K. Another used changed that back and it fixed this issue. I guess there is a bug in the code that passed the requested PDU size.

Marcel

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

• Hi,

that is great. The dgate's I posted are a good patch. I will update the version soon - but most clients seem to work fine so there is no great hurry. Still struggling with data corruption in Linux. I will try to fix that before I release.

Marcel